One of the most popular luxury trains of India, Maharaja Express is the most recent one too. The luxury train offers five pan-Indian journeys including the most vibrant destinations, wonderful tourist attractions, breathtaking views and offering a sneak-peak into the time-honored heritage legacy of India. The journey includes a stay on -board this luxury train which is filled with world-class modern luxuries and has a royal touch in its decor as well as hospitality.
The dining at Maharaja Express is pure luxurious feasting like kings and queen, which has been arranged in two dining coaches. The restaurants of the train are Mayur Mahal (Peacock Palace) and Rang Mahal (Color Palace). The plate is fine Limoges with gold edges, the cutlery has the alphabet M as its monogram and the glasses are Swarovski with exclusive hand-cut precious stone. The variety of food, beverages and cuisines is endless.
This India’s luxury train has been voted World’s ‘Leading Luxury Train’ at the World Travel Awards, four times- successively in the years 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. It has also won several other honors and rewards since its commencement.
If all the above-mentioned points still do not lure you to go on-board the Maharaja Express at once, here are few more interesting facts about this train:
- Maharaja Express’s, the Indian luxury train has a total of spacious 23 carriages used as guest carriages, restaurant carriages, bar carriages, generator, parlor, and store autos.
2. The Maharaja Express has not only been the four-time winner of ‘The World’s Leading Luxury Train’ at The World Travel Awards, four times in a row- but it also has several other honors. The recent award won by the train is at the Seven Stars 2015 under the category ‘Luxury Hospitality and Life style Awards’. The train was also the 1st runner up in the Specialist Train Operators Category at Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Travel Award 2011 and was also the ‘Best Luxury Train’ at CNBC Awaaz Travel Award 2010.
3. The other interesting feature is that all the journeys of Maharajas’ Express start and end either in Delhi or Mumbai. Both the metropolitan city are very well-connected by air, by rail and by road to the important destinations of Indian and World.
4. Stay on-board the extravagant Maharajas’ Express is an unforgettable experience where guests can avail the benefits of a 5 star luxury hotel. The list of facilities and amenities include choice between double and twin beds, en-suite bathroom with premium toiletries, DVD player, central air-conditioning, LCD, Live TV, Direct dial telephone with international calling, Wi-Fi accessibility, butlers, electronic safe, and so on.
5. It is the most luxurious train in Asia and the costliest train on the earth.