Railway service commission, Ahmadabad was renamed as a railway recruitment board in year 1982. This board has authority to recruit technical and nontechnical group “C” staff using railway ministry term and condition with certain norms. It is working under the railway ministry of India. This board provides some rebate to special categories candidate like: OBC, SC/ST, Physically challenged and Ex-serviceman candidate.
Responsibility of this board:
- Overcome the burden from the existing board without affecting the board services.
- Recruitment should be modernized with the help of Information Technology.
- Corruption free recruitment must be done.
- Innovative idea must be implemented during the staff selection process.
- Recruitment process must be completed within short duration of time as soon as possible.
- Recruitment must be done under the predefined term & condition of railway recruitment board.
- Time to time recruitment idea and rule must be analyzed by the board committee so that well quality staff could be selected.
- The selection process is subject to the rules and regulations issued by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), Government of India which includes reservation of jobs for certain castes/communities such as Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Communities (OBC), etc.
- It starts with calling for applications from eligible candidates through Employment Notification published in “Employment News” (A publication of the Government of India) as well as this website under the link Employment Notification.
- Scrutiny of applications and calling only eligible candidates for the examination.
- Conduct computer based examination which consists of objective type questions.
- List of candidates successful in the examination is published through official Website of RRB. Candidates also separately advised by email/post.
- In respect of safety categories, a psychological test is also conducted to assess the suitability of the candidate for safety related jobs in Railways.
- for certain categories, a second stage examination is also conducted.
- Conduct verification of documents for the candidates successful in the above examinations.
- As per the policy decision of the Ministry of Railways, there will be interviews only in a few selected categories.
- Recommend a panel of names for appointment in respective Railway Establishments.
Railway Recruitment Board,
1st Floor, Meter Gauge Railway Station Building,
Kalupur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat – Pin: 380 002.
Telephones, Fax & E-mail:
Assistant Secretary: 079-22940858