Initially recruitment process was done through railway service commission. Later on, railway service commission, Allahabad renamed as a railway recruitment board, Allahabad in Year 1985. It is situated in Allahabad, Lucknow and Moradabad division of northern railway and this board recruits the technical and non-technical group “C” staff for the railways. Functioning activity of this board is controlled and monitored by the railway ministry of India. This board follows the all norms of railway ministry during the staff selection and provides certain rebate to the reserved category candidate like SC/ST, OBC, Physically challenged, Ex-service man and others. In 1990 the RRB had to give up the campus on Sardar Patel Marg, and move to its present accomodation in DRM Office Annexe. In 1998 all RRBs came under the control of the Railway Recruitment Control Board (RRCB) which was set up in the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) to coordinate and streamline the working of RRBs.
Objective of the RRB, Allahabad:
- Overcome the burden from the existing board without affecting the board services.
- Recruitment should be modernized with the help of Information Technology.
- Corruption free recruitment must be done.
- Innovative idea must be implemented during the staff selection process.
- Recruitment process must be completed within short duration of time as soon as possible.
- Recruitment must be done under the predefined term & condition of railway recruitment board.
- Time to time recruitment idea and rule must be analyzed by the board committee so that well quality staff could be selected.
- Publish the vacancy for the required post through employment news or official railway website with certain term & conditions.
- After that, eligible candidate apply the form.
- After that, appear in the exam that is organized by board.
- Result published by the board and those who are selected in the first phase of examination then will enter in next phase of selection process.
- After that RRB organize the next phase exam like main and interview. Eligible candidate appear in this phase but some candidate finally selected and some rejected due to RRB term and condition.
- Those who candidate passed in the interview or in the final phase exam they goes to the finally selection panel and they prepared for training for relevant jobs.
- And finally they are trained by expert and appointed for the required post.
Railway Recruitment Board,
Opposite to G.M/NCR Building,
Near Subedarganj Railway Hospital,
Phone number: (0532) – 2224531