Initially recruitment process was done through railway service commission. Later on, railway service commission, Bangalore renamed as a railway recruitment board, Bangalore in Year 1985. It is situated in Bangalore division and this board recruits the technical and non-technical group “C” staff for the railways. Functioning activity of this board is controlled and monitored by the railway ministry of India. This board follows the all norms of railway ministry during the staff selection and provides certain rebate to the reserved category candidate like SC/ST, OBC, Physically challenged, Ex-service man and others.
Responsibility of the RRB, Bangalore:
- To rationalize the work load on existing RRBs.
- To Expedite selection process
- To bring the recruitment agencies nearer to the candidates in the far flung areas and interior sides.
- To conduct recruitment on all India basis.
- Quality oriented selection of the staff.
- Publish the vacancy for the required post through employment news or official railway website with certain term & conditions.
- After that, eligible candidate apply the form.
- After that, appear in the exam that is organized by board.
- Result published by the board and those who are selected in the first phase of examination then will enter in next phase of selection process.
- After that RRB organize the next phase exam like main and interview. Eligible candidate appear in this phase but some candidate finally selected and some rejected due to RRB term and condition.
- Those who candidate passed in the interview or in the final phase exam they goes to the finally selection panel and they prepared for training for relevant jobs.
- And finally they are trained by expert and appointed for the required post.
This RRB has been set up to cater the needs of in Technical and Non-technical Group ‘C’ posts on the basis of Indents received from Chief Personnel Officer, South Western Railway and Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka, Bangalore.
Railway Recruitment Board
No.18, Miller’s Road,
Near Cantonment Railway Station
Bangalore – 560 046