Initially it was started as railway service commission in the year 1983. Thereafter, it was renamed as railway recruitment board, Bhubaneswar in year 1985. IN the year 1990, the office of Railway Recruitment Board, Bhubaneswar was shifted and started functioning from Odisha forest Development Corporation Building near Railway Station, Bhubaneswar. At present, it is functioning from D-79/80, Rail Vihar, B.D.A Rental Colony, Chandrasekharpur, and Bhubaneswar since 01.06.2000. RRB Bhubaneswar recruits the technical/nontechnical Group “C” staff for railway. It’s all functioning activity is controlled and regulated by ministry of railway, India. Prior to recruitment of staff this board provide rebate to candidate as per reservation norms for the several categories candidate like:-OBC, SC/ST, Physically challenged, Ex-serviceman and others.
Responsibility of the RRB, Bhubaneswar:
- Recruitment should be modernized with the help of Information Technology.
- Corruption free recruitment must be done.
- Innovative idea must be implemented during the staff selection process.
- Recruitment process must be completed within short duration of time as soon as possible.
- Overcome the burden from the existing board without affecting the board services.
- Time to time recruitment idea and rule must be analyzed by the board committee so that well quality staff could be selected.
- Publish the vacancy for the required post through employment news or official railway website with certain term & conditions.
- After that, eligible candidate apply the application form.
- After that, appear in the exam that is organized by board.
- Result published by the board and those who are selected in the first phase of examination then they enter for next phase of selection process.
- After that RRB organize the next phase exam like main and interview. Eligible candidate appear in this phase but some candidate finally selected and some rejected due to RRB term and condition.
- Those who candidate passed in the interview or in the final phase exam they goes to the finally selection panel and they prepared for training for relevant jobs.
- And finally they are trained by expert and appointed for the required post for which vacancy was published by the board in initial stage.
Assistant Secretary Phone: 0674-2303015
Railway Recruitment Board Fax: 0674-2300257
D-79/80, Rail Vihar E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Odisha, PIN -751023