Initially we know that railway service commission had recruit the staff in railway so railway service commission Gorakhpur were established in year 1984 on 14th July. Later on, its name changed with railway recruitment board Gorakhpur in year 1985. Initially, this RRB done all recruitment along with RRB Muzaffarpur for north eastern railway. In the year 1998 all RRBs came under the control of the Railway Recruitment Control Board (RRCB) which was set up in the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), New Delhi to coordinate and streamline the working of RRBs. With reorganization of Zonal Railways, in year 2002 RRB -Muzaffarpur became part of East Central Railway and RRB-Gorakhpur only is catering to the requirement of North Eastern Railways.
Objective of this board:
- Overcome the burden from the existing board without affecting the board services.
- Recruitment should be modernized with the help of Information Technology.
- Corruption free recruitment must be done.
- Innovative idea must be implemented during the staff selection process.
- Recruitment process must be completed within short duration of time as soon as possible.
- Recruitment must be done under the predefined term & condition of railway recruitment board.
- Time to time recruitment idea and rule must be analyzed by the board committee so that well quality staff could be selected.
- Publish the vacancy for the required post through employment news or official railway website with certain term & conditions.
- After that, eligible candidate apply the form.
- After that, appear in the exam that is organized by board.
- Result published by the board and those who are selected in the first phase of examination then will enter in next phase of selection process.
- After that RRB organize the next phase exam like main and interview. Eligible candidate appear in this phase but some candidate finally selected and some rejected due to RRB term and condition.
- Those who candidate passed in the interview or in the final phase exam they goes to the finally selection panel and they prepared for training for relevant jobs.
- And finally they are trained by expert and appointed for the required post.
RRB-Gorakhpur carries out recruitment of Group ‘C’ staff of H.Q. Offices. Izatnagar Lucknow and Varanasi divisions of North Eastern Railway and for Research Designes & Standards Organization (RDSO) – Lucknow.
The RRB is headed by Chairman, assisted by Assistant Secretary, with a small team of Group ‘C’ & Group ‘D’ staff to run the RRB Office.
Railway Recruitment Board,
Railway Station Road
Gorakhpur – 273012
(0551) 2201209, 2463803