Initially railway service commission, Guwahati was established in 1978. Later on, it was renamed as a railway recruitment board, Guwahati in the year 1985. It is functioning under the administrative control of railway recruitment control board, railway board, New Delhi. RRB Guwahati recruits the technical and non-technical Group “C” staff for the railways.
Responsibility of RRB Guwahati:–
- Overcome the burden from the existing board without affecting the board services.
- Recruitment should be modernized with the help of Information Technology.
- Corruption free recruitment must be done.
- Innovative idea must be implemented during the staff selection process.
- Recruitment process must be completed within short duration of time as soon as possible.
- Recruitment must be done under the predefined term & condition of railway recruitment board.
- Time to time recruitment idea and rule must be analyzed by the board committee so that well quality staff could be selected.
- The selection process is subject to rules and regulations issued by Railway Board, Ministry of Railways (Government of India) which includes reservation of jobs for Schedule caste (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), other backward classes (OBC), Ex Servicemen etc.
- Announce for filling up the form for vacant post through employment newspaper or railway website.
- Organize the relevant examination.
- Announce result and publish list of qualified candidate to the next phase selection process like main exam or interview.
- Organize interview and finally select the candidate from interview phase process to join the candidate in Indian railways.
- Document verification of the selected candidate in final panel.
- Provide appropriate training to new selected staff then give responsibility over them as per relevant field.
These are the selection process in Indian railways. But, time to time RRB take decision to change the procedure for selection so that better quality staff could be hire in railways.
Railway Recruitment Board, Guwahati is headed by Chairman and assisted by an Assistant Secretary. The names of the present incumbents are as follows –
Chairman: Shri Chandrajit Saikia.
Assistant Secretary Shri Tian Sang Mech.