Initially RRB is known as railway service commission and this organization ware used to selection of staff in the railway. Thereafter, railway service commission is renamed as a railway recruitment board, Jammu and Srinagar in the year 1983. It caters primarily to recruitment on all-India basis for group ‘C’ posts for Firozepur Division of Northern Railway, Diesel Loco Modernization Works, Patiala and Rail coach Factory, Kapurthala.
Over all policy and guideline for the recruitment is prepared by the railway ministry including RRB Jammu and Srinagar under the predefined norms by the railway ministry. News for the recruitment is published in the employment newspaper as well as official railway website. Thereafter, eligible candidate fill up the form manually or online as per the term and condition that is defined in the railway notice. Apart from this there is given some rebate in recruitment process for the some reserve category like:-OBC, Sc/ST, Physically handicapped, Ex-Serviceman and others.
Some process is followed during the selection that is shown below:-
- Publish the vacancy for the required post through employment news or official railway website with certain term & conditions.
- After that, eligible candidate apply the form.
- After that, appear in the exam that is organized by board.
- Result published by the board and those who are selected in the first phase of examination then will enter in next phase of selection process.
- After that RRB organize the next phase exam like main and interview. Eligible candidate appear in this phase but some candidate finally selected and some rejected due to RRB term and condition.
- Those who candidate passed in the interview or in the final phase exam they goes to the finally selection panel and they prepared for training for relevant jobs.
- And finally they are trained by expert and appointed for the required post.
Railway Recruitment Board, Jammu-Srinagar
Railway Colony (West)
Jammu – 180012
Ph. No. – 0191-2476757