RRB, Kolkata is an east recruitment board of India, which comes under Kolkata east zone. This board recruits the group “c” and “d” railway staff under the certain norms that is defined by the railway ministry of India. In ancient time (before 30 year ago) it was known as railway service commission, later on its name is converted as RRB Kolkata. It fulfills the requirement of staff in east zone railway which comes under the Kolkata zonal area. Recruitment process is done under the norms of railway ministry. All terms and conditions are published about the selection procedure on the official websites/ newspaper/ employment newspaper. Those who candidate fulfills the term and conditions they fill up the examination form as per the railway guideline. As we know that, today most of the recruitment board using online application form and online examination as well and railway recruitment board also following the same process for recruitment. So RRB Kolkata organize exam online so, that exam could be conduct easily with holistic manner. When exam is conducted online, then there is no chance for the candidate to do any kinds of cheating in the exam, and this is good for railway because, those who candidate will be selected in railway, they will have good quality of knowledge, that’s why they will work well for their department.
Recruitment process is done by RRB Kolkata in various phases that are shown below:-
• Publish the recruitment notice over the official website with proper term and condition that is defined by the railway ministry of India.
• Eligible candidate fill up the application form under the defined norms by RRB.
• After that, RRB issue the admit card for the eligible candidate to appear in the exam.
• Candidates appear in the exam, then after RRB issue the first phase result.
• In the first phase exam some candidate selected for the next phase and some is rejected as per vacant seats ratio rule.
• Similar process repeat till the interview exam.
• Finally, those who candidates are selected in the interview, they are recruited finally for joining the railway department on the intended designation post.
• In the last phase, selected candidate is trained by the expert trainer in their respected working field.
• Finally, candidates join own duty as a regular staff.
Objective of the RRB, Kolkata:
• Recruit the new staff that has well working quality.
• Overcome the working load of board without affecting the working performance of board.
• Change the exam pattern time to time as per trends need.
• Always try to upgrade the board, so that innovative idea could be implemented in the department.
So, such kind of activity should be maintained by the higher authority of the RRB.