Railway recruitment board (RRB) Mumbai functions is regulated and controlled under the railways ministry of India. It’s primarily recruitment activity is to recruit “group C” staff for the Indian railways. RRB Mumbai announces the recruitment vacancy for Mumbai division and head quarter of western railway, and Mumbai, Nagpur, Sholapur, Pune, Bhusawal Division and HQ of Central Railway, Nanded Division of South Central Railway and Nagpur Division of South East Central Railway. Earlier RRB Mumbai (then Known as Railway Service Commission) was located at Churchgate. In February 1986 it was shifted to Mumbai Central. The RRB building at Mumbai Central has been rebuilt in October 2000.
- The selection process is subject to rules and regulations issued by Railway Board, Ministry of Railways (Government of India) which includes reservation of jobs for Schedule caste (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), other backward classes (OBC), Ex Servicemens etc.
- Announce for filling up the form for vacant post through employment newspaper or railway website.
- Organize the relevant examination.
- Announce result and publish list of qualified candidate to the next phase selection process like main exam or interview.
- Organize interview and finally select the candidate from interview phase process to join the candidate in Indian railways.
- Document verification of the selected candidate in final panel.
- Provide appropriate training to new selected staff then give responsibility over them as per relevant field.
These are the selection process in Indian railways. But, time to time RRB take decision to change the procedure for selection so that better quality staff could be hire in railways.
Address of RRB Mumbai
Divisional office compound, Mumbai Central, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400202
Contact Number :– 022 2307 1650