Railway recruitment board secunderabad, is situated in south India and it was established in the year 1978 by railway ministry of India. It control the selection of required railway staff for southern Indian railway. RRB secunderabad caters to the recruitment needs of all the divisions, workshops and Headquarters Office of South Central Railway, Indian Railways Institute of Signal Engineering and Telecommunications, Secunderabad Subsequently the recruitment for Visakhapatnam division of South Eastern Railway was attached to this Railway Recruitment Board with effect from 27.10.1994. On formation of new zones and reorganization of divisions, jurisdiction of RRB, Secunderabad at present consists of Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Guntakal, Vijayawada and Guntur, divisions and all workshops and Headquarters office of South Central Railway, Indian Railways Institute of signal Engineering and Telecommunications, Secunderabad and Visakhapatnam Divisions of East Coast Railway.
Objective of the RRB, secunderabad:–
- Selection of staff should be corruption free manner.
- Workload should be minimize from the existing railway recruitment board.
- Recruitment process must be finished in short time of period as soon as possible.
- Examination should be organized online.
- To conduct the recruitment on all India basis.
- Talented staff must be recruited so that railway working could be done in efficient manner.
- All selections made by the Railway Recruitment Boards are purely based on merit position obtained by the candidates in the written examinations subject to reservations for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
- All written examinations are of multiple choice objective type. There will be negative marking, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The syllabus for the written examinations is generally commensurate with the qualifications prescribed for the post.
- The questions will be in General Knowledge/General Intelligence and Reasoning and Analytical abilities and in the technical/professional subjects wherever technical/professional qualifications are prescribed. In addition in certain categories like Clerks, Probationary Station Masters, Commercial/Traffic Apprentices/Junior Accounts Assistants etc., questions in English/Hindi language can also be asked.
Even in categories where selection is through a single stage examination, the Railway Recruitment Board can prescribe a second stage examination depending upon the number of candidates, administrative exigencies etc. In such cases final selection will be on the basis of the merit position of the second stage examination. After the final results are announced, the selected candidates have to report to the office of the Railway Recruitment Board on a nominated day for verification of their original certificates. If they are unable to attend the verification on the nominated day, they are given a second opportunity. If a candidate does not attend the verification even on the second occasion, his candidature is cancelled. That’s why only honest and eligible candidate is only selected in railway to serve it and nation. And after selection candidate is trained for their perspective job and finally appointed for the job.