Railway recruitment board Siliguri is the new established recruitment board which came into existence in 2009-10 as a 21st recruitment board of Indian railway. It is functioning under the administrative control of Railway Recruitment Control Board, Ministry of Railways, Railway Board, and New Delhi. The Railway Recruitment Board, Siliguri has been assigned the task of undertaking the recruitment of Non-Gazetted/Group “C” staff(s) in technical and non-technical categories for Alipurdwar Division and Katihar division units of N. F. Railway.
The Railway Recruitment Board, Siliguri is headed by the Chairman and assisted by Assistant Secretary with small team of Gr. C and Gr. D staffs to run the RRB office. Apart from this, special team that is created by railway ministry to visits this board off and on for investigation purpose whether administration is working well or not.
Objective of RRB, Siliguri:
- Recruitment should be modernized with the help of Information Technology.
- Corruption free recruitment must be done.
- Overcome the burden from the existing board without affecting the board services.
- Innovative idea must be implemented during the staff selection process.
- Recruitment process must be completed within short duration of time as soon as possible.
- Recruitment must be done under the predefined term & condition of railway recruitment board.
- Time to time recruitment idea and rule must be analyzed by the board committee so that well quality staff could be selected.
- The selection process is subject to rules and regulations issued by Railway Board, Ministry of Railways (Government of India) which includes reservation of jobs for Schedule caste (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), other backward classes (OBC), Ex Servicemens etc.
- Announce for filling up the form for vacant post through employment newspaper or railway website.
- Organize the relevant examination.
- Announce result and publish list of qualified candidate to the next phase selection process like main exam or interview.
- Organize interview and finally select the candidate from interview phase process to join the candidate in Indian railways.
- Document verification of the selected candidate in final panel.
- Provide appropriate training to new selected staff then give responsibility over them as per relevant field.
Thus, recruitment board siliguri select the staff for railway for relevant vacant post and provide opportunity to work in railway department.