Railway recruitment board Thiruvananthapuram is the unit of railway ministry of India which performs the recruitment process of all group “C” vacancies Thiruvananthapuram, Palghat & Madurai Divisions of Southern Railway. RRB Thiruvananthapuram was constituted in March 1983 under the name of railway service commission. The candidates recruited by this Recruitment Board are liable to be posted anywhere on Southern Railway. The selection is based purely on merit and is subject to the rules and regulations framed by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board). Reservations of posts for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Castes, and Ex-servicemen are made in accordance with rules framed by the Government of India from time to time. This board publishes the vacancies under the railway ministry norms for the railway staff selection in the employment newspaper and officially website. Now a day railway recruitment board organizing the exam online so that selection of candidate and exam could be regulate easily.
Responsibility of RRB, Thiruvananthapuram
- Overcome the burden from the existing board without affecting the board services.
- Recruitment should be modernized with the help of Information Technology.
- Corruption free recruitment must be done.
- Innovative idea must be implemented during the staff selection process.
- Recruitment process must be completed within short duration of time as soon as possible.
- Recruitment must be done under the predefined term & condition of railway recruitment board.
- Time to time recruitment idea and rule must be analyzed by the board committee so that well quality staff could be selected.
Selection procedure is done under the norms of railway ministry of India some basic procedure is followed for recruitment that is shown below:
- Publish the vacancy for the required post through employment news or official railway website with certain term & conditions.
- After that, eligible candidate apply the application form.
- After that, appear in the exam that is organized by board.
- Result published by the board and those who are selected in the first phase of examination then they enter for next phase of selection process.
- After that RRB organize the next phase exam like main and interview. Eligible candidate appear in this phase but some candidate finally selected and some rejected due to RRB term and condition.
- Those who candidate passed in the interview or in the final phase exam they goes to the finally selection panel and they prepared for training for relevant jobs.
- And finally they are trained by expert and appointed for the required post for which vacancy was published by the board in initial stage.
Postal address :-Railway Recruitment Board, Thampanoor, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001
Phone number:- 0471-2323357