If we talk about the biggest government sector (Sarkari Naukri) employers in India, Indian Railways, Indian Armed Forces and Indian Government comes to our mind. The Indian Government recruits candidates Grade B & C posts through the Staff Selection Commission(SSC) Combined Graduate Level Exam(CGL), the notification for which came out yesterday
With rrb also scheduled around the SSC CGL exam(March-May), the aspirants are confused on which one to select and prepare for?
The answer to the above question is not easy and will definitely depend on your personal choice too. But you should also factor in the job profiles before you make your choice.To solve this dilemma, in this article (SSC CGL vs RRB NTPC), we will discuss about both these organizations in a sequential manner.
Passing the SSC CGL exam will fetch you a respectable job in various Ministries/Dept./Organizations. The requirement of young and energetic individuals in the various ministries, organizations and departments has been increasing year on year. Every year SSC organizes CGL Exam for the appointment of officers around 30 departments ( Income Tax Inspector, Examiner, Assistants in various ministries to name a few)
On the other hand, Railway which is still the single largest employer in India has always been and will always be in demand. Railway offers jobs in a number of categories. The recent buzz in the town is regarding the RRB NTPC exam, where a nationwide recruitment is being done across all the departments.
Here are few facts about both of these exams you need to know.
1. In SSC CGL chances of promotion are very high but in RRB the cycles of promotions are long & very low.
2. In SSC CGL, Your social image is very Respectable but in RRB there is less public exposure.
3. SSC CGL salary is better than RRB. It is a very important factor. In SSC officer’s salary is between 25-40,000/month In RRB NTPC you will receive 25-35,000/month
4. In RRB there is very limited workload, but in SSC CGL there is very much workload.
5.SSCG CGL promotions happen in every 4-5 years but there is no time bond in RRB for this.
6. In RRB NTPC your work schedule is dependent on your post. It may be day or night Job. But in SSC your time is fix.
Now its your choice that in which Job you are comfortable.