IRCTC eWallet is a scheme under which user can deposit money in advance with IRCTC and can be used as payment option along with other payment options available on IRCTC for paying money at the time of booking tickets.
IRCTC eWallet scheme provides following advantages:
- Hassle free and secure transactions.
- Precious booking time saved by eliminating payment approval cycle.
- Benefit of saving Payment Gateway charges per ticket.
- Manage account online and top up online.
- Dependency on a specific bank is reduced, as when any of the provided banks go offline, you can still book tickets from your IRCTC eWallet account
7 Easy steps to register and book ticket through IRCTC eWallet:
- Login to IRCTC with your existing IRCTC user id and password.
- Click the “IRCTC eWallet Registration” link under IRCTC eWallet Section in the “Plan my travel” page.
- Complete Verification process by providing PAN CARD No. and other details.
- Deposit one time registration fee of Rs.50/-(Inclusive of Service Tax of 14 %, Swachh Bharat Cess of 0.5 % and Krishi Kalyan Cess of 0.5%) online with any of the available payment options.
- Membership fee and Redemption is subject to change at the discretion of IRCTC.
- Credit the IRCTC eWallet account with the minimum deposit of Rs.100/- and top up with the required booking amount. Maximum amount permitted in user’s account is Rs. 10,000.
- Pay ticket booking amount through IRCTC eWallet which is displayed as payment option along with other Banks.
Salient features of IRCTC eWallet are:
- User Authentication: IRCTC eWallet users will be verified and authenticated through their PAN card number in an Online Verification Process.
- Secured Access: IRCTC offers secure booking through IRCTC eWallet by providing Transaction Password/ PIN Number that is required to be entered for every booking done through IRCTC eWallet.
- Complete History: User is provided with a separate link namely IRCTC eWallet that offers IRCTC eWallet Transaction history, IRCTC eWallet payment History & change transaction password options.
- Easy Refund: In case of ticket cancellation, the due refund will be credited to your IRCTC eWallet Account next day.
- Registration Fee: Rs 50 (non-refundable)
- Transaction Charge: Rs 5 per transaction
- No cash refunds / No redemption allowed.
- IRCTC eWallet balance can only be used for booking railway tickets